Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"The Teapot Song"

"The Teapot Song", commonly known as "I'm a Little Teapot", describes the heating and pouring of a Teapot.  The song was originally published in 1939.  It was written by Clarence Kelley and George Saunders.  Kelly and his wife ran dance studio.  The younger children at the studio found it hard to master the tap dancing steps to the "Clog Waltz", thus the creation of this little pantomime song to help them along.

It become tremendously popular in the States and around the world, along with "The Teapot Tip."



First verse:

I'm a little teapot,
Short and stout,
Here is my handle (one hand on hip),
Here is my spout (other arm out with elbow and wrist bent),
When I get all steamed up,
Hear me shout,
Tip me over and pour me out! (lean over toward spout)

Second verse:

I'm a very special teapot,
Yes, it's true,
Here's an example of what I can do,
I can turn my handle into a spout,
Tip me over and pour me out!,

Enjoy,
Christy

No comments:

01 09 10